Friday, April 30, 2010

Vigorous Writing is Concise

Gramercy Park is one of NYC's only "key parks." That means that access is restricted to the residents on the perimeter. And even those people have to follow a strict list of park rules.


I, personally, have always believed in getting right to the point. In 7th Grade, Ms. Mackel made us memorize this William Strunk saying: "Vigorous writing is concise. A sentence need not contain any unnecessary words for the same reason a machine no unnecessary parts..." That said, I'd like to assist Gramercy Park with their signage:

They can thank me later.

Heading to bed early tonight. Team APES is running in the Revlon 5k for Women tomorrow morning and I need to pick up the race bibs at 7am. Here's hoping for my 2nd race and 2nd win! Did y'all see my plaque for winning my age group last week at the biathlon? It arrived today. Just in case you missed the TwitPic:

MyPicture.jpg


Yeah. I'm still pretty excited! G'night, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment