Thursday, April 22, 2010

T-minus 56 hours

In the wee hours of Sunday morning, when most of you are just getting into bed after your Saturday night festivities have ended, Paigie and I will be lining up for our first biathlon. Actually, it will be my first organized race of any kind since my Romans Run days. And I think those ended circa 1990. The race is a 3 mile run, followed by a 20 mile bike ride and another 3 mile run. I've never done an organized bike race so I'm not sure what to expect other than a road full of bikers. I'm a bit more comfortable with the running bit given that we've been training and running in a group for several months now. My plan is to let everyone else rush off out of the starting block and then keep myself comfortably in a 8-9 minute mile pack. This race will be a great opportunity for us to learn about the bike-t0-run transition which is not something we've experienced yet. Suffice it to say, I'm a bit nervous but I'll be glad to get the jitters out of my system before Tri-Day.

We didn't bike today as planned because someone (ahem, PKS) was a bit too hungover from last night's CPK extravaganza and I'm still feeling a bit under the weather. I'm hoping to get a ride or a run in tomorrow but if not, there's a GTS on Saturday morning that I plan on attending to do some last minute preparations for Sunday's biathlon. Please cross your fingers that this monstrous cold of mine moves on before then because I don't have enough storage space on my bike for a pack of tissues!

No comments:

Post a Comment