Friday, April 2, 2010

The Pomology of Sweetness and Light


I went with my friend C tonight to see her sister Z's puppet show: The Pomology of Sweetness and Light. I was expecting a regular puppet show: little puppets supported by hands with the actors' bodies obscured by a table or small stage. I was severely mistaken. This was an adult production (despite the fact that I still think of Z as a 10-year-old). The actors' faces were hidden only by black cheese clothes. And the puppets were life size. The show was the story of Johnny Appleseed. And now, even though it's time to go to bed because I have to be up at 6am for a group training session on the Upper West Side, all I want is a nice, juicy, crunchy, red apple!

**Pictured above are Z and C hiding in the apple tree. Can you find them?

No comments:

Post a Comment