Monday, April 26, 2010

I'd like a bathroom, please

My body isn't as sore today as I thought it was going to be. I woke up at the crack of dawn (7am, without an alarm clock) and did a quick assessment before attempting to get out of bed. Everything felt ok, so I got up and moved around. A little achy in the legs but nothing intolerable. I went about my day, taking it easy and avoiding strenuous activity. I headed to Brooklyn tonight for the swim practice but found that my legs were super annoyed when I tried to walk up and down the subway stairs. So when I got to Long Island University, I decided to take the elevator down to get to the pool in the basement. In the three months we've been training, I've never been in the elevator before. LIU is apparently out of rooms/corridors/auditoriums/buildings, etc...to give to big donors.


One day, far in the future, when I make a large donation to NYU, and they are similarly out of space that can be dedicated to SEL, I'd like a bathroom. A nice one. Large stalls. Hooks on the back of the doors for bags and coats. Thick hand towels. Maybe even a lady handing out mints and hairspray. I will stipulate that money from my donation be set aside to pay her salary (and benefits!) for many years in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment