- It's GIRL POWER to the extreme.
- It's women fighting for women's health.
- It's women coming together to raise awareness for women's cancers.
- It's women gathering to recognize those who are battling cancer (support), those who have battled cancer (honor) and those who have lost their battle to cancer (memory).
- It's women running to celebrate each other and make the next generation healthier and stronger.
The run wasn't challenging at all. It was 5k, mostly uphill, in 80 degree humidity and running paths more crowded than you've ever seen them. But the camaraderie of the runners, the cheers from the sidelines and the idea that this race will help to eradicate women's cancers obliterated the obstacles and made the 30 minutes fly by.
We are Team APES (plus Jenn) and we are WOMENTUM.