Saturday, May 8, 2010

Introducing Lefty and Righty

As my Twitter followers already know, I had a running analysis and proper shoe fitting this afternoon. I walked into Fleet Feet and almost walked out when I saw a sign that said, "You don't pick running shoes by color." Well how else do you pick them?? Apparently running shoes are highly technical training tools that are specifically formatted to assist runners in their pursuits. After having me put on "basic" shoes, the salesman/shoe expert lead me to a treadmill and videotaped me running (well, mostly hobbling and gimping). He then played the video back for me and used his pointer to illustrate that I have excellent running form but I am experiencing some ITBS (illiotibial band syndrome) because I am wearing generic running shoes that are meant to correct overpronation. He recommended that I switch to running shoes with no pronation support and see if that helps. I nodded in agreement and he brought out three boxes. I swallowed my fashion sense (stop laughing!) and tried on each shoe without regards to color or style. I finally settled on the most comfortable pair (not the prettiest but not the ugliest) and took a spin on the treadmill. My feet were sitting in little boats of heaven. Cushoney and spacious yet supportive and non-abrasive. So without further ado, I am proud to introduce the newest members of my triathlon training team:




I took them (Lefty, top, and Righty, bottom) for a test walk this afternoon. I anticipate that we'll get along just fine...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment