Thursday, May 6, 2010

The day I met my IT band

For the longest time, my friend Sara was posting on Facebook that she was having trouble with her IT band and couldn't run. After the third week, I wanted to throw a rock at her and say, "If running is that important to you then go buy a new IT Band. Whatever that is!" I thought it was a strap that you put an iPod in. Or something. Little did I know that it's a tendon that goes from your hip to below your knee.

Well, let me tell you, I am suddenly very aware of my right IT band. Today, in the middle of the West Side Highway, it made its presence known and is laughing at me for thinking it could be purchased at Target. I am writing this with a bag of ice strapped to my leg and pain that rivals last summer's broken arm.

I'm hopeful that a weekend of rest will be just what my IT band needs to reassure itself that I'm aware of it's existence and will be respectful of it in the future.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment