Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This used to be my playground

When I was younger, my cousins and I always spent the last week of summer in "the country" with Grandma and Grandpa. One of the highlights of the week was the trip to Little Camp Beach. Nestled in the heart of their gated community, on the shore of the "monstrous" lake, it was synonymous with summer for us. While I was in the Poconos this week, I had the opportunity to drive by Little Camp and check it out. What I remembered as a sprawling beach with shiny white sand, blue water and a huge picnic area was really a dingy pile of rubble with a few (covered) picnic tables on a dirty man-made lake.


Obviously the lake got smaller as I got bigger. But I'm not sure what else happened to make the memory so much prettier than the reality. I guess that's why Madonna said, "Don't look back."



P.S. Happy Sweet 16, Jenna!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment