Saturday, January 23, 2010

Light bulbs and half moons

I got up this morning and did a bunch of errands. I stopped at Home Depot to buy a new light bulb for my kitchen- good thing they came in packs of three because I broke one trying to get the package open and I've still got two burned out bulbs that need replacing.

My afternoon errands took me to the UES in search of a specific iPhone case from a specific street vendor. I walked from 3rd Avenue and 68th Street to 3rd Avenue and 86th Street and stopped at every vendor I found (because I didn't know the identity or location of the "right" one). And every vendor told me that "[I'm] looking for last year's style. This year's much better!" But I didn't want this year's. I wanted last year's. Suffice it to say I didn't get a case today.

It was a beautiful day: clear blue sky, brilliant sun. But it was chilly. This horse, taking a break just outside of the Plaza, had the right idea.










Beautiful moon here in NYC tonight. Probably the most perfect half moon I've ever seen. I tried to get a picture of it but unfortunately my iPhone doesn't have the best zoom. So you'll just have to take my word for it. Kind of a bummer that I can't post a pic of the best thing I saw today when the WHOLE POINT OF THE BLOG is showing what I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment