Monday, January 11, 2010

The fish tank and the sushi bar

As I was leaving work tonight, I decided that I wanted Chinese food. Instead of going home and ordering delivery, I decided to stop and pick it up on my way. I've been ordering from Hong Kong Noodle for years. Since before I graduated from NYU. They have super cheap Chinese food and a decent sushi menu. And tonight was the first time I've set foot in the place. And this is what I saw:















Yes. That's a fish tank overlooking the sushi bar. Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this situation? I'm trying to think of an analogy but I'm at a loss. An amusement park overlooking an execution chamber? A dance club at the morgue? A Dylan's Candy Shop next door to Jenny Craig? I don't know what to compare it to, but I just think it's somewhat nasty to have these sweet little fishies swimming around next to their friends and family who are being served up over a bed of sticky rice. I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment