Sunday, August 1, 2010

West Side Story

I woke up this morning and went for a run along the Hudson River. I generally run along the East River because it's closer to home so this was a refreshing break. I mean, looking at Long Island City and Brooklyn are delightful but the path on the west side is just so much more iconic.


See what I mean? Millions of people flock to Battery Park every year just for a glimpse of The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island every day. As I weaved my way in and out of packs of tourists, I realized just how often I take these things for granted.

And then the fatigue kicked in and I ran back uptown, avoiding the view, the tourists and the blister on my right foot. I ran 5.2 miles in 1:00:02. Just two weeks ago, I ran 6.5 in 1:02:00. I guess that's further proof of race day adrenaline.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment