Monday, August 9, 2010

Random night of extreme productivity

I got a random text from a friend this morning saying that she's now bartending at a cute little joint not far from my apartment. I rallied another Groupie and together, we braved the crowded 6 train and headed downtown. It ended up being a really fun night. On top of being spontaneous, I did three things I don't generally do:
  1. I went out on a Monday night.
  2. I went to a new place.
  3. I went east of 1st Avenue.
My Groupie pal and I spent the entire subway ride (and 12 minute wait on the platform) complaining about how hungry we were and how we couldn't wait to get to the bar to eat. Unfortunately, upon arrival at the bar, we found out they don't serve food. But my friend told us that we were welcome to go out and bring food back in. And so we did.


And that's how I ended up at a bar on Avenue A eating pizza on a Monday night. After that, I made a quick stop at Trader Joe's for the week's staples (chocolate soy milk, brown rice noodles, chicken nuggets and parmesan cheese) and still made it home, showered, and got ready for bed all by 10pm. After not leaving work 'til 7. Now that's a successful night if I've ever had one!

No comments:

Post a Comment