Friday, August 6, 2010

RIP, Lord John

From the time I moved into the neighborhood over six years ago, Lord John's Bootery has stood proudly as neighboring restaurants have come and gone. Because of the rapid turnover, the restaurant space to the south has always been known as "the place next to Lord John's." But as of today, I'm sad to say, "Goodbye, Lord John. Thank you for being a strong reference point for over half a decade."


A sign in the window says the Bootery has been there for 57 years. As much as I love Bloomingdale's, Zappos and even Nordstrom's famous shoe department, I can't help but be a bit sad to assume that they contributed to Lord John's demise. Although I have to admit, I'd never even been into the store because it just looked too expensive.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment