Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Summer Solstice!

I was sitting at my desk this afternoon, minding my own business, when the little blue dialogue box popped up in the bottom of my screen to alert me that I had a new mail message. Seeing that it was from one of my department heads, I opened it quickly assuming that it's was one of his "hop-to-it-assignments." Imagine my surprise when I saw this:

I dashed over to the reception area/conference room and found this:


Yep. That's a kiddie pool. Filled with mini beach balls and rubber duckies. Behind it is the conference room. It was full of summer snacks and thirst quenching adult beverages. And then I noticed this:


Even our chess men got into the mood. Yes, we have a life-size chess set in the reception area. It's not quite as popular as the foosball table in the kitchen but I do notice people playing a move or two while passing through.

Between the snacks, toys and random, Monday-afternoon parties, it's amazing that we get any work done.

Happy Summer Solstice, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment