Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Bridal Path

There's this great running path in Central Park called The Bridal Path. It's just inside of Park Drive and it runs just about the entire perimeter. It's easier on the legs because it's dirt, not concrete. Whenever I run along there, I always picture spring weddings. Blushing brides under the blooming trees, bridal parties posing for pictures along the reservoir at sunset, white gazebos set up near Strawberry Field. I thought it would be a great place to have my own wedding one day.


I ran with a new group today and as we ran, I was kind of thinking out loud. I said, "I just love the Bridal Path. It's so romantic!" And the girl next to me looked over and casually said before running off, "I know. I just love horses!" Turns out it's the Bridle Path not the Bridal Path.


*Photo courtesy of CentralParkNYC.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment