Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wake up, Chicken!

One of the great things about making new friends is finding new hangouts. I went out with a (new) friend last night (and some of her old friends) and ended up at a Korean karaoke bar on 35th Street and then a "chicken" restaurant on 5th Avenue. I say "chicken" because chicken is in its name. I can't for the life of me remember the real name of the restaurant, nor do I have the energy to Google it, but it's called something like Wake Up Chicken or Catch Up Chicken. I don't remember. The way she described it, and it's obscure location ("up a shady stairway next to the nasty pizza place on 32nd Street"), I didn't have high hopes for anything other than an upscale Wendy's (at best). So when we arrived on 32nd Street and clomped up the most decrepit staircase to a dimly lit hallway just above the ickiest pizza place I've ever passed, I was absolutely, positively blown away. I would have taken a picture, but the lighting in there, true to the lounge atmosphere, sucked. It was also wayyyy too hot. But those are my only complaints. Amazing chicken wings, awesome sushi rolls, incredible drinks, does it get any better? And when you go there? Try the lychee soju!

No comments:

Post a Comment