Saturday, February 27, 2010

The day after the big snow

I started my day off with a leisurely run uptown while Claire slept in. My feet felt like they were on autopilot up 2nd Avenue but at 57th Street, they made an unexpected left turn. Before I knew it, I arrived at 58th Street and 5th Avenue to check on Mark (the snowman, not the bartender). He was still there! Standing strong and mostly frozen over. But missing his face. Upon returning home, I told Claire of my discovery and she assumes this features were consumed by rats. Or drunks.

After a huge brunch (2 for the price of 1!) at Duke's and lots of meandering around town, and a walk on the Highline, we ended up downtown at Magnolia Bakery where we stood online outside for 10+ minutes for cupcakes to bring home for dessert.

It's now a little past 7pm and we're crashed on the couch, full of Chinese food and ice cream. Claire mumbles something about "eating our cupcakes soon" every so often but I plan on saving mine for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment