Saturday, February 20, 2010

On Broadway

Saw Present Laughter today on Broadway. It was very funny. I generally prefer musicals, but it was really good. Victor Garber played the lead and he was really very funny. All through the first act, I kept thinking that one of the female leads looked very familiar. A quick scan of the Playbill showed that she's also on Gossip Girl. It was Maureen van der Bilt!! Fortunately she was much more likable in today's show...


On another note, I broke Lent tonight. Yes, three days in. But to my credit, I didn't request the drink. It was (amazing) sparkling sake that was sent over by the owner of the restaurant. It would have been rude not to drink it, right? Amazing how observing Lent as an exercize in self-control can bring on true feelings of this Catholic guilt I've heard so much about. Maybe I need to think about giving up something else- alcohol is just too hard to live without right now. I'll start today and go three days past Easter so it's a true 40 days thing...I just need to think of something else. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment