Friday, November 12, 2010

Dorm sweet dorm

Was it really ten years ago that I arrived at NYU and moved into the Brittany Residence Hall? Passing by there tonight, I remembered the details as if I arrived yesterday.


Staring up at the lit windows, I was thinking about the day my freshman roommates and I decorated for our first holiday season away from home. We bought lights from Duane Reade and hung them in the windows. And then we rushed downstairs to see how they looked from the street. Afterwards, we went to Silver Spurs for some sweet potato fries. I skipped Silver Spurs tonight, but I did stop to admire Brittany and think about the little freshmen, decorating for their first holiday away from home. And I realized, for me, just how long ago that was.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment