Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Productive (!!!!!) Day (!!!!!!)

Let me preface this by reminding everyone that I tend to avoid caffeine. Like the plague. It torments my sleeping pattern for days at a time and makes me feel jittery and miserable in general. But this morning it was super cold out when I walked to work (in the dark) and when I (finally) got inside, all I wanted was a hot beverage. And for some reason, I decided to make some coffee. I set up my day while I waited for it to brew and then poured myself a steaming mug-full. (And I microwaved my (whole) milk so that it wouldn't cool down the coffee.) I added two Spelndas and went back to my desk with my concoction. I let it cool for a minute (the purpose of cold milk?) and then took a sip. Oh it was delightful. It was incredible. I was in love from my first taste. I finished the mug and then poured myself another. I might have had a few more and before I knew it, I was still the only one in the office and the pot looked like this.



Yes. Empty. I have absolutely (!!!!), positively (!!!!!) been vibrating all day. But at the same time, I've been so incredibly productive that I think I might do it every day. Unfortunately, a well-wishing colleague doesn't feel the same way about my caffeine binge and she's declared that she's coming in early to moderate my coffee consumption. I'm going to trick her though- I'll stop at 'bucks on my way in, grab a venti and finish it before I come inside...I'll be a full drink ahead of her. It's nice to be smart.


1 comment:

  1. I made you a great iced coffee this summer, remember??? Mmmmm, can taste those to this day.

    ReplyDelete