Wednesday, October 13, 2010

An out of borough experience

I met up with a friend tonight and we took a short trip across the river to...The Melting Pot! I'm not sure if it was our outfits (urban chic) or attitudes (we scoffed at the uncivilized large group at the front), but they seated us in the wayyyyy back of the rear room. A little out of the way, it was quite a nice spot. We ate (cheese, meat and chocolate) and drank (me: beer, her: wine) in relative peace...until karraoke started. Yes. I said karraoke. Wednesday night is apparently karraoke night at the Hoboken Melting Pot. Or perhaps at all Melting Pots! But there we were, enjoying a quiet meal and catching up when all of a sudden, bam! George Michael's "I never wanna dance again" came on. And let me tell you, after that man's rendition, George is promising to put all his shananigans on hold if this man promises never to sing another one of his songs again. I captured a video, but Blogger won't let me post it. So here's a visual.


Unfortunately this picture doesn't show the bottom of the room. The entire crowd was wearing sensible shoes. Enough said.

The restaurant felt so bad for us that they brought out a complementary bottle of ice wine. It made me want to puke. But it's the thought that counts, right?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh when I'm not even in the mood. Good girl!

    ReplyDelete